Consecrated to the Heart of the Redeemer under the patronage of the Theotokos and Fr. Gerard Manley Hopkins, S.J.

06 March 2012

Where It All Began

Because the fourth of March commemorated Saint Casimir, patron of Poland and Lithuania, I present just a few photographs of the church where I first encountered Christ and the Church I soon desired to serve.

Imagine dragging a coffin up those stairs

The site of many a May Procession

Fittingly the last message on the still-standing sign encourages prayer for vocations;
I was honored to be the third and last priest

"Mother, ask your Son to reverse my hands."

Statue commemorating the 500th anniversary of Christian Lithuania





Aftermath of the church's closing, though I am happy to note that a former parishioner owns the building

No comments:

Post a Comment