Consecrated to the Heart of the Redeemer under the patronage of the Theotokos and Fr. Gerard Manley Hopkins, S.J.

10 October 2012

The Thought That Counts

Upon the completion of my thirty-sixth year I received numerous good wishes from Facebook friends.  When people reach out to me in any way, I often think of Hopkins' ditty "To him who ever thought with love of me."  Ya wanna hear it?  Here it goes:



The voice here is Christ, who promised similar rewards for offering so much as a cup of cold water to a disciple (cf. Mt 10:42), and who considered deeds done to "one of the least" as done to Him (Mt 25:40).

Earthly favors are all well and good, but Jesus can give "the look of love" that prompts repentance and redemption when we need it most.

What would you prefer?  I thought so.  And that is what I desire for not just my Facebook friends, but also my parishioners, blog followers, visitors, and all the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment