Consecrated to the Heart of the Redeemer under the patronage of the Theotokos and Fr. Gerard Manley Hopkins, S.J.

02 May 2012

Everything Personal

CHRIS STEFANICK: The priest: In persona Christi
A fine post.  Thank you, Mr. Stefanick, for that real-life illustration.  Every priest can share instances of God's redemptive power at work in him.  For me, the events of an ordinary day often suffice, because I can fall prey to the temptation that "if it doesn't appear or feel heroic, it doesn't matter as much."

I can think of numerous instances in my youth in which priests went the extra mile for people--especially with sacramental assistance, but also with giving a "few minutes of your time" to answer a question.  "Oh, Father, I hate to bother you, 'cause you're so busy."  Well, when we're busy, it's usually with people like you, and not otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment